The purpose of Spacetalk Mobile’s Fair Go Policy is to ensure that all our customers:
- can access our ‘Service’s; and
- do not use our ‘Service’s in a manner that we consider 'unreasonable' or 'unacceptable'.
- ‘Service’ means the telecommunications ‘Service’ Spacetalk Mobile provides for prepaid customers (‘‘Service’’).
In addition, our Fair Go Policy sets out your responsibilities when you use our ‘Service’s. It also confirms steps we may take to ensure compliance with this policy as well as setting out our responsibilities to comply with directions from the regulatory bodies.
The Fair Go Policy applies to all our ‘Service’s. Your obligation to comply with this Policy also includes your obligation to ensure that any person who you allow to use your ‘Service’ also complies with this Policy.
Failure to comply with this Policy may result in the termination of your SIM plan.
As a user of our Spacetalk Mobile SIM, you are obligated to use the ‘Service’:
- In a wearable device, excluding standard mobile phones, i-pads and other personal electronic devices.
- For ordinary, personal use only (Personal use means that an individual person uses our products and ‘Service’s only for private use and in a manner, which is reasonable and acceptable). Use of Spacetalk Mobile ‘Service’s for business purposes is considered a violation of this Fair Go Policy.
- Only for lawful purposes in compliance with the legal requirements – it is prohibited to use our ‘Service’s for any fraudulent purposes, such as using the ‘Service’ with a device that switches or re-routes call to or from any part of Spacetalk Mobile’s network.
Using a Spacetalk Mobile SIM for commercial and/or business purposes – including carrying out the operations of large groups and organisations – falls outside personal use and is prohibited.
Prohibited use of our ‘Service’ is improper interference with another person's use of our ‘Service’, being used for an illegal or unlawful purpose or use of any equipment or device (including SIM cards) which have not been approved by us.
Some examples of prohibited use of our ‘Service’ include but are not limited to:
- provide false user information.
- send unsolicited or unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
- transmit or make available indecent, obscene, indecent, pornographic, illegal, or confidential material.
- violation of any applicable law.
- Using our ‘Service’ for mass distribution to a large number of recipients.
- non-emergency communications with rescue ‘Service’s.
- distribute or make available any material that is misleading or misleading about your identity.
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorisation of the owner of the network or system to do so.
- Seeking to compromise the security or interfere with the operation of our ‘Service’ or any other computer, system, or network.
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain unauthorised access to any computer, system or network.
- infringe anyone's intellectual property rights, including copyright.
- Defaming, harassing, or abusing anyone or violating their privacy.
Unless subscribed to a business use plan, you must not use the ‘Service’s for commercial purposes or in a business.
In this policy, "Spam" includes one or more unsolicited commercial electronic messages subject to Spam Act 2f003, and derivatives of the term "spam" have the same meaning.
You agree to the Policy as published on our website when you sign-up for our ‘Service’. Spacetalk Mobile may change this Policy from time-to-time and will:
- Publish the new Policy on our Website.
- Give you a notice by email to your email address in our records or otherwise in accordance with the notice provisions in the ‘Service’ agreement with us.
Your continued use of our ‘Service’ after such notice will constitute acceptance of the variation.